As the GRIN team expands, let’s meet the newest member – Jon. He joins team GRIN on the look to grow within a creative studio and gain more industry experience. You will most likely find him scribbling ideas down, scrolling through design blogs or trying to develop a new skill. Away from the machine he is a one-man band playing piano, guitar and currently learning the drums… the neighbours love him! It’s time we found out a little bit more about him, here’s how he get on with our GRIN quick fire round:
1. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
The sunny side of Sheffield.
2. WHERE IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
Birmingham… No, New York and I loved every minute of it.
3. FAVOURITE FOOD?
Cereal. Pretty much any and all cereal.
4. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Winter for sure. As someone with hay fever summer tries to kill me every year (not this year summer… not this year).
5. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING?
DDC: Pretty Much Everything. Big fan of Arron James Draplin and its great insight into his early years in design.
6. WHAT’S YOUR FAVOURITE SOUND?
A Rhodes piano.
7. WHAT ARE YOUR TOP 3 FILMS?
God, I have so many but if I had to whittle them down…
1. Cloverfield 1 – Its always the first movie that comes to mind when asked what’s your favourite movie.
2. Ray / Whiplash – Couldn’t pick between these for second place. I guess I could put both on at the same time to see if Ray Charles would be on tempo.
This means nothing if you haven’t seen these. But if you have, admit it. You had a brain chuckle.
3. The Fighter – What’s not to like?
8. DO YOU HAVE ANY SPECIAL TALENTS?
I am alright on a piano and I am alright on a dance floor, preferably not at the same time. Although… (insert slow head turn)
9. IF YOU WERE STRANDED ON A DESERT ISLAND WHAT 3 THINGS WOULD YOU TAKE?
MacBook, MIDI Keyboard and headphones as I don’t want the animals to hear me.
10. COMPLETE THE SENTENCE: I’M HAPPIEST WHEN…
Buying a new instrument for my already packed room.