Now that we’ve given her time to settle in, meet Carly, the newest member of the design team! Fresh from Northampton University she joins the GRIN team on a quest for knowledge and hands on experience. Carly enjoys exploring new styles and techniques to apply to her work, and has a penchant for patterns, she could doodle them all day. Away from the desk, she’s an enviable sporty type, playing netball and football. It’s about time we gave her a quick-fire grilling. Lets see how she got on…
1. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
I was born in Birmingham.
2. WHERE IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
The farthest I’ve been is Mexico and I bought back an obligatory sombrero of course.
3. FAVOURITE FOOD?
I don’t really have a favorite food, I just LOVE food and I’ll pretty much try any cuisine.
4. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Summer is the best, no one likes a cold BBQ.
5. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING?
Reading ‘Dead Man’s Blues’ by Ray Celestin, love a good 1920’s gangster novel.
6. WHAT’S YOUR FAVOURITE SOUND?
Popping prosecco has to be the best sound.
7. WHAT ARE YOUR TOP 3 FILMS?
1. Disney’s Hercules (it’s been my go to film since I was little).
2. Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back (my birthday falls on Star Wars – may the ‘fourth’ be with you – so I’m almost obliged to like it and I think the 80’s effects are fab!).
8. DO YOU HAVE ANY SPECIAL TALENTS?
I can water ski.
9. IF YOU WERE STRANDED ON A DESERT ISLAND WHAT 3 THINGS WOULD YOU TAKE?
I would take my cat, my MacBook and probably sun cream… not a fan of sun burn!
10. COMPLETE THE SENTENCE: I’M HAPPIEST WHEN…
…I’m eating food and watching sport.